Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Thanksgiving


Nov. 16, 2011

It’s a Wednesday, and I made myself a promise that I would spend two hours a day writing. So hear I am sitting in front of my MacBook screen with the keyboard under my nimble fingers waiting for an inspiration.

Thanksgiving will be hear in a few days. Normally I don’t give the day a lot of thought, but as I grow older it has more meaning than it did in the past. Thanksgiving day is simply a reminder telling us we have many things for which we should be thankful. These are a few of mine.

·      The most wonderful wife and mother to our boys that a guy could ever wish for
·      Our four wonderful sons
·      The best nine grandkids on the face of the earth
·      Selling our house in record time
·      Finding an apartment that we both love
·      The wonderful friends we have
·      The fact that one of our friends (Dave Lundgren) made it thru surgery and is on the road to recovery
·      That Julie Lee is looking great after her nasty surgery
·      Our three delightful daughters-in-law
·      The fact we are both healthy with only 27 minor complaints!!
·      The fact we have plenty of money if we die before next month!!
·      The fact we only have 14 months of “you know who”
·      The fact we haven’t had a flat tire on our camper in a month (Oh, I forgot it’s in storage)

I knew if I listed more than a few I would eventually “go off the rails”! But you know what I mean. We should all reflect on how fortunate we are.

Happy Thanksgiving!                                JIM

No comments:

Post a Comment