Monday, January 9, 2012

SICK DAYS

One week is 'in the books' here in Navarre, FL. The weather has been very nice. A couple cool days, but the rest in the seventies. The only downside to week one for me has been a persistent cough and pneumonia-like congestion. I finally broke down and went to the doctor today. Armed with an antibiotic and codeine cough medication, I look forward to rapid improvement during week number two.

We've still managed to take part in several activities. Wednesday was coffee and donuts as usual. I think it was the biggest crowd ever for our Wednesday gathering.

We attended the New Years Eve party. I believe I mentioned the party wound down at 9 p.m. It was a good thing since several of the "old people" were dozing off. Mary Ellen and I were very proud to be one of the last couples to leave. And it didn't come any too soon!

Our good friends Gerry and Linda Foyle have sold their RV and are renting a Condo right on the Gulf. It is gorgeous. They invited Dave, Janet, Russ, Beth, Mary Ellen and I over for drinks last night. The views are spectacular and most importantly they both love it. We went to dinner after at TC's front porch.

On another positive note, I haven't fallen off of anything this year. Of course this may be due to the fact Mary Ellen won't allow me to get more than a foot off the ground.

Other than the aforementioned activities, most of my recreation has involved lying down. I don't think I've ever packed as much sleep time into a week as I have the past several days. It seems like such a waste of time, but I feel much better after a couple hours in the rack. Once I get rid of this bug, I'm sure 'nap frequency' will revert to once a day.






No comments:

Post a Comment