Tuesday, March 9, 2010

IT'S A BLOG, LIKE

I'm batching it today. The ladies have taken another trip to Biloxi and the SLOTS. I'm sure they'll come home with a bundle of cash...ha, ha, ha!

Another Broken Egg for Breakfast this morning. It's my favorite restaurant in Destin for breakfast. A little pricey though. My omelet and coffee cost me $17! It did include the tip however. I had the distinct honor of sitting at a table next to three young female spring breakers. They provided my entertainment. As I listened to their conversation, I learned a completely new vernacular. 'It was like really like interesting. Their discussion centered around guys, like. There were these guys, like, at a party they went to like last night. Talk about hot, like 100%. They were like studly like, and one of them thought like she might be in love, like. It went on like from there.'

Last year I learned Canadian, eh. This year I've learned like 'girl-talk' 2010! Without the word, "like" those young ladies would have almost zero vocabulary. And to think they were college seniors, like almost ready to graduate. They'll probably graduate "magna cum like"!!

My birthday was a smashing success. In other words I lived to be there. Our friends Diane and Jeff came over for cake and ice cream after dinner at TC's Front Porch. They came with a six pack of St. Pauli NA with a birthday balloon attached. My present from Mary Ellen was The Nook e book reader. It was purchased early so that I could read some books on our way to Navarre. I love it. You can download books to your e book library and read them anytime. I've read about six books on it since we left home. I can lend a book to anyone who has the Nook. After two weeks the book automatically returns to my library. I haven't done that yet, but plan to do it soon. If any of you have a Nook, let me know and I'll send you a list of the books in my library. I'll be glad to let you borrow whatever you want.

Out protest regarding activities did some good. They will continue with donuts and coffee on Wednesdays and exercise every morning. We didn't actually have to block the campground entrance with our bodies. I was kinda like looking forward to a major protest.

That catches you up on all the excitement from here. When you reach 70, almost everthing is exciting. Tomorrow is another trip to Pensacola airport. Carol is leaving for home. Things will be rather quiet around here until Dan and family arrive in April. We look forward to their visit.

Talk with you soon. Till then, "health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in a hospital dying of nothing".

jim

1 comment:

  1. dammit, Jim, you crack me up! Like, I keep forgetting how funny you are! And, happy belated birthday, old man, I'm sure glad you made it to the party!

    We spent the past five days in Charleston, and it was like, like Spring! Now we're in Richmond and it's still like spring, kinda like.

    Can't wait to hear what language you'll be learning next year!

    ReplyDelete