Sunday, April 11, 2010

HOME






As all of you know, or can imagine, arriving home after 98 days away presents any number of things to do. First there is the unloading of truck and trailer. We had a grand total of 4 large trash bags full of mostly winter clothing to be sorted, washed, ironed or simply hung up. Though our son, Mark, did a great job of sorting the mail while we were gone, we still had to go through it all to make sure we hadn't overlooked anything important. We hadn't.

We've put our trailer in storage for at least a month. It's only a mile from our house which means we can 'visit' whenever we want! We actually went back today to remove a few other things we overlooked when it was parked in front of our house overnight on Friday.

As you may recall, our first two days on the road were challenging to say the least. Days three and four were rather mundane. After staying at Texas T in Tennessee, we stayed at Crossroads RV Park in Elizabethtown, KY. Our last nite on the road was southwest of Indy at a place called Lake Haven Retreat. The only real drawback to this place was the distance from some of the sites to the showers. Some of the sites were at least a half mile from the facilities.

Next on my schedule is the grass! Ugh!. I was hoping the recent 'cold snap' would have killed it all, but alas it survived. I know some of you are cursing me for my lack of interest in yard work. Its never been one of my top ten things to do. If I really thought about it, chances are good it wouldn't make my top 20! Today I did manage to revisit our Lawnboy, change the oil, clean the filter and put in a new spark plug. This was an effort to overcome denial of inevitability. Tomorrow I may even buy gas for it!

Right now I'm watching the final round of the Masters. Lefty is winning, and I think he'll do it. His wife and kids are with him this week. She has been undergoing chemo for her breast cancer over the last several months. Her and the kids being at Augusta had to be a real boost for Phil. Since all of you who care will already know the result by the time you get this, I will drop the subject.

I need all the guys from Emerald Beach to support me in my effort to boycott the ladies' attempt to involve us in their morning exercise. I think we need to organize a competing event for every morning. Something like 'coffee at McDonalds' for example. Anything to get us far enough away and unavailable to the "sisters in sweat". After all, if we were involved they would have to change their name. After Linda created tee shirts with the sweat logo, it would be unfair to her as well. All suggestions for an alternative will be given consideration. They simply want to embarrass us, and prove us to be the slobs that we are. DON'T LET THIS HAPPEN!!!

I've included a few Florida pix from our winter at Emerald Beach. I will do this on each of my posts in the future.

Phil won the Masters!! Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment