Saturday, January 16, 2010

On The Road

Nice day. We left home at 9 this morning. Very dry all the way to our campground for nite one. I don't think there's another person staying here tonite. There are a number of RV's parked here, but nobody home. I assume a lot of people store them here.

This campground (Woods & Waters in Columbus, IN) needs some work. The owners, Larry & Helen have a home on the property. They've owned the place for 22 years. I don't know how much help they have, but by the looks of Larry, I don't think he'd be capable of doing much of the outside work. He must weigh over 350 lbs. and he's not very tall. Helen doesn't look much better.

We tried calling the campground from the road. In fact Mary Ellen called them several times over a three hour period. The phone rang and rang. No voice mail. No humans. The list of TV channels is all incorrect. These are little things, but annoying. Just so we can watch the Colts tonite. We found CBS, so we're all set.

It got up to 42 degrees today, but no sun. Tomorrow will be pretty much the same. We aren't going very far tomorrow. Of course we didn't go very far today. You may remember from last year that my motto is "what's the rush"? We're planning to go as far as Bowling Green, KY. It will take us about four hours, not counting a lunch and gas stop.

By the way, I'm somewhat peeved (yes I said 'peeved') at all of you. In my last blog I asked for comments regarding map making. I thought it a simple request that might require 45 seconds of your very valuable time. I've heard nothing. Now I know you may be upset with me for making you open 3 e mails and 3 attachments before I got it right, but really that shouldn't be an excuse for not commenting. I promise I'll give you the correct link this time.

Since the Colts/Ravens game will be coming on shortly I'm forced to quit. Let me leave you with this thought to ponder. "Did you hear about the guy who was soooo old, his social security number was in Roman Numerals"?

jim doyle

No comments:

Post a Comment